Letter from Wendy Pashman
COVID-19 Update from Entertaining Company
Updated April 28, 2020 at 12:05pm CT
We are grateful for all of your support and to have such a strong community in Chicago. We hope you’re safe and healthy, and finding ways to lean on each other.
Our first priority is to maintain the health and safety of all of our staff and customers. We are taking every precaution possible and will continue to do so, always keeping real-time updates in mind.
Entertaining Company is strong, resourceful and creative — like the Chicagoans it serves.
Entertaining Company employs our own delivery drivers and owns all of its vehicles so your safety is assured.
We have put together custom menus that we are excited to share with you.
Please call our office at 312-829-2800 for this week’s SPECIAL FAMILY-STYLE SPECIAL and delivery options.
We are also offering Box Lunches, should you have corporate needs that are still moving forward. Please see this link: BOX LUNCH MENU PDF
For your added convenience, the same offerings are also available to be picked up at our West Loop location at 1640 W. Walnut Street.
Thank you and best wishes — we look forward to being a friendly help in this challenging time.
Wendy Pashman & the EC Team
Updated March 11, 2020 at 10:15am CT
To Our Clients, Collaborators, and Friends,
We know that COVID-19 is on many people’s minds, and we wanted to share how our business is taking precautionary and proactive measures to address this public health situation. The health and safety of our community is of the utmost importance to us.
Our former President, Barack Obama, said it best on Twitter: “Let’s stay calm, listen to the experts, and follow the science.”
The catering and restaurant industries are held to the highest standards in terms of regulation and sanitation – so we are already in the swing of rigorous best practices and we have also increased the frequency of our already stringent cleaning and sanitation procedures onsite and off-site.
Having said that, here’s what EC is doing to protect our staff, clients, collaborators, and events:
- No employees showing any signs of sickness will be allowed to work events.
- Employees showing signs of sickness on-site will be sent home immediately.
- Employees are discouraged from shaking hands.
- Gloves will be worn by staff during set up of flatware, glassware, bar glassware and during bar service.
- We will continue to uphold strict ServSafe requirements as pertains to cleaning kitchen equipment and food preparation.
- Frequent hand washing will be required before, after, and during shifts.
- We will provide additional hand sanitizer in the EC kitchen, and on-site at all events for clients + staff.
If there’s anything else we can do to give you peace of mind, please let us know. Stay safe and Happy Spring.Warmly,
Wendy Pashman & the EC Team