Celebrating National Rose Day & NeoCon
As a concept caterer, we love the intersection of culinary and visual arts. With the importance of Instagram and visual storytelling, it’s always our challenge to bring our menu ideas to life in a hyper stylized way that is both delicious and visually compelling.
We had two events over the weekend which set our imaginations on fire: an entirely Pantone-pink brunch to celebrate National Rose Day and a 400 person at Lightology, to kick off interior design’s biggest event, Neocon.
National Rose Day Brunch
National Rose Day is a holiday we like to celebrate to the fullest, and this year we were able to put our Pinterest mood boards to the test with an over-the-top spread of Millennial pink cocktails and bites.
A few highlights from the *all pink* menu below:
- “Blush & Bashful” cocktail: sparkling lemon water, frozen pink lemonade, club soda and candied pale rose petal garnish.
- Crudite: beet hummus, taramasalata, and red pepper hummus with feta crumbles, and vegetable-stained deviled eggs.
- Summer fruit plate: strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, pink grapefruit halved, Pink Lady apples, dragon fruit.
- Cupcakes with ombre pink icing, and floral garnish.
And right before we put on our bright pink rose goggles, we celebrated the biggest event in commercial design, #NeoCon, with Lightology on their gorgeous rooftop (with 400 guests!).
The menu pulled on unique Chicago flavors and traditions, pulling inspiration from a number of ethnicities and corners of the city (just like the design community we celebrated).
A few of our favorite bites:
- Short rib popovers with horseradish cream, microgreen garnish.
- Cajun crab cakes with jalapeno aioli.
- Sushi hand rolls – salmon and avocado, spicy tuna, veggie California with soy sauce, ginger and wasabi.
- Shiitake mushroom stir fry – rice noodles, cabbage, shiitake mushrooms, snow peas, chili garlic and ginger soy sauce, scallion and Thai basil garnish.
- Cantina salad – with avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, cucumber, jicama, queso fresco, mango lime vinaigrette, dusted with chile.
We loved being part of the beauty and buzz of Lightology’s event and look forward to keeping up with the new designers we discovered on Thursday. Give us a buzz for your concept-catering needs – we have Pinterest bookmark’ed and ready to go.